Plant and Soil Sciences
OSU opens its Onsite Wastewater Treatment Training Facility
Oct 18, 2016
- Assistant Professor in Oklahoma State University’s Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, Sergio Abit, demonstrations the functionality of various septic systems at the recent groundbreaking of OSU’s Onsite Wastewater Treatment Training Facility at The Botanic Garden at OSU in Stillwater.
PaSS Soils Judging Team Qualifies for National Competition
Oct 10, 2016
Congratulations to Dr. Yan for being named the 2016 Sarkeys Award recipient!
Oct 10, 2016
Football and agriculture
Sep 19, 2016
- Imagine football without agriculture. Not that difficult, right? Well, wait a minute. Not so fast…
Bentley tops in 2015-16 Oklahoma variety performance tests
Sep 14, 2016
- The results from this year’s growing wheat season are in and Bentley, a hard red winter variety developed by the Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, was among the best performers across Oklahoma.
New Extension Fact Sheets about Onsite Septic Systems
Sep 14, 2016
- When someone decides to buy land for a home site or build a house, he needs to contact a realtor and/or home builder who has a reputation of providing solid advice regarding all aspects of the land buying and/or home building process.
Chili Cook-off PaSS GSO
Nov 03, 2016Nov 03, 2016 from 11:30 AM to 01:30 PM — 168 AG Hall,
- Chili Cook-off, PaSS GSO benefiting the Stillwater Area United Way. $5.00 per person
Herbicide Symptomology Clinic
Nov 04, 2016Nov 04, 2016 from 08:30 AM to 12:00 PM — The Agronomy Research Station,
- Join fellow producers, extension educators, and research and extension personnel in learning about the key visual symptoms of common herbicides used in winter wheat and canola production systems.
ASA, CSSA, & SSSA Meetings
Nov 06, 2016from Nov 06, 2016 12:00 AM to Nov 09, 2016 12:00 AM — Phoenix, AZ,
- ASA, CSSA, & SSSA Meetings
OSU Winter Crop School
Dec 13, 2016Dec 13, 2016 from 08:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- OSU Winter Crop School
2017 No-till Oklahoma Conference
Mar 07, 2017from Mar 07, 2017 08:00 AM to Mar 08, 2017 05:00 PM — Shawnee, Oklahoma,
- No-till Oklahoma Conference Save the Date
- Summer Crops - Soybeans 8/20/16
- Josh Lofton has the final summer crop in his series, soybeans.
- Preparing for Canola Planting 8/20/16
- SUNUP kicks off our fair series with a trip to the Ottawa County Fair in Miami. Then, we talk about canola planting preparation with Josh Lofton.
- Summer Crop: Sesame 8-13-2016
- Josh Lofton focuses on sesame, as he continues his rundown of summer crops.
- Planning For The 2017 Wheat Crop 8/6/16
- David Marburger shares where some wheat varieties performed best in the state and has advice for producers planning to graze cattle on wheat.
- Canola College Reminder 7/30/16
- Josh Lofton has information about next week’s Winter Canola Schools.
- Summer Crops: Sorghum 7/30/16
- Josh Lofton looks at how sorghum can fit into a summer cropping program.