The Department of Plant and Soil Sciences will strive to be recognized as an outstanding Department of Plant and Soil Sciences in the United States, attracting and retaining the best students, faculty and staff.
- Develop life-long learners who understand science, think analytically, find creative solutions, treat others with honesty and respect, and are prepared to lead, serve, and provide decision makers with timely information regarding plant and soil systems.
- Conduct cutting edge fundamental and applied disciplinary and multidisciplinary research with active participation of undergraduate and graduate students, land owners, and decision makers.
- Provide excellent extension programs that result in an informed clientele and opportunities for economic development in the state, region, nation and world.
- Facilitate communication, collaboration and coordination among teaching, research and extension activities both within and outside the department, division and university.
- Excellence - We seek excellence in all our endeavors and we are committed to continuous improvement.
- Integrity - We are committed to the principles of truth and honesty, and we will be equitable, ethical and professional.
- Service - We believe in ethical and scholarly questioning in an environment that respects the rights of individuals to freely pursue knowledge.
- Diversity - We respect others and value diversity of opinion, freedom of expression, and other ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Stewardship of Resources - We are dedicated to the efficient and effective use of resources. We accept the responsibility of the public's trust and are accountable for our actions.