Dr. Misha Rose Manuchehri will be awarded the 2016 George Tereschkovich Outstanding Doctoral Award
Mar 15, 2017
- Dr. Misha Rose Manuchehri will be awarded the 2016 George Tereschkovich Outstanding Doctoral Award in Plant and Soil Science, Texas Tech University. Congratulations Dr. Manuchehri.
Dr. Manuchehri received the Outstanding PhD Award from the Southern Weed Science Society
Feb 16, 2017
- Dr. Misha Manuchehri joined the Oklahoma State University faculty in July 2016 as an Assistant Professor and Small Grains and Canola Weed Extension Specialist. Thus far, Misha has authorship on 7 peer-reviewed publications and 48 scientific abstracts, including several 1st and 2nd place awards at the SWSS and Beltwide Cotton Conferences. She has taught four weed science courses and delivered 15 extension presentations.
Southern States Forage Conference
Feb 09, 2017
- Southern States Forage Conference, March 31, 2017, Texarkana, Arkansas, Four States Fairgrounds, Fine Arts Building
Oklahoma Foundation Seed Stocks an important part of the farm to fork chain
Jan 17, 2017
- It’s a safe assumption everyone cares – at least a little bit – about the source of the food that finds its way to the dinner table each night. If that’s the case, then Oklahomans should care a lot about Oklahoma Foundation Seed Stocks.
Texas Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources honors Randy Boman, Plant and Soil Sciences, OSU.
Dec 12, 2016
- Texas Tech’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources honored three standout leaders with the Gerald W. Thomas Outstanding Agriculturalist Award during its 89th annual Pig Roast at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. The annual outstanding agriculturalist awards recognize individuals for contributions to various areas of agriculture. This year’s recipients are Edwin Teeter for agricultural production; Gail Kring for agribusiness; and Randy Boman, for public service.
Seniors of Significance Named for 2016-17
Nov 28, 2016
- The Seniors of Significance Award recognizes students who have excelled in scholarship, leadership and service to campus and community and have brought distinction to OSU.
Connie Estes-Shelton receives Staff of Life Award
Nov 17, 2016
- STILLWATER – The Oklahoma Wheat Commission presented the “Staff of Life” award to Connie Estes-Shelton last week at the Junior Wheat Show banquet. Connie Shelton is the Senior Agriculturist at the Oklahoma State University Food and Agricultural Products Center. The Oklahoma Wheat Commission Board felt it was important to award our top honor to Shelton who has been an integral part of the State 4-H and FFA Junior Wheat Show for many years.
OSU groundbreaking heralds continued ‘guarantee’ of providing farmer access to improved crop varieties
Nov 16, 2016
- Oklahoma Foundation Seed Stocks has more than doubled its annual production of Foundation Seed developed by Oklahoma State University plant breeders over the last five years, leading to the need for a new, much-larger facility to meet the demand for more efficient, high-yielding varieties throughout the Southern Plains states.
OSU opens its Onsite Wastewater Treatment Training Facility
Oct 18, 2016
- Assistant Professor in Oklahoma State University’s Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, Sergio Abit, demonstrations the functionality of various septic systems at the recent groundbreaking of OSU’s Onsite Wastewater Treatment Training Facility at The Botanic Garden at OSU in Stillwater.
PaSS Soils Judging Team Qualifies for National Competition
Oct 10, 2016
Congratulations to Dr. Yan for being named the 2016 Sarkeys Award recipient!
Oct 10, 2016
Football and agriculture
Sep 19, 2016
- Imagine football without agriculture. Not that difficult, right? Well, wait a minute. Not so fast…
Bentley tops in 2015-16 Oklahoma variety performance tests
Sep 14, 2016
- The results from this year’s growing wheat season are in and Bentley, a hard red winter variety developed by the Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, was among the best performers across Oklahoma.
New Extension Fact Sheets about Onsite Septic Systems
Sep 14, 2016
- When someone decides to buy land for a home site or build a house, he needs to contact a realtor and/or home builder who has a reputation of providing solid advice regarding all aspects of the land buying and/or home building process.
Helena Chemical Company Internship presents award to Sarah Kezar
Sep 14, 2016
- Helena Chemical Company Internship presents award to Sarah Kezar
Andres Patrignani’s thesis, “Soil Moisture Dynamics in Water-Limited Cropping Systems of the Southern Great Plains” receives outstanding thesis award.
Sep 14, 2016
- Andres Patrignani’s thesis, “Soil Moisture Dynamics in Water-Limited Cropping Systems of the Southern Great Plains” receives outstanding thesis award.
Brett Carver honored by National Association of Plant Breeders
Sep 14, 2016
- OSU wheat geneticist Brett Carver honored by National Association of Plant Breeders
OSU Cooperative Extension’s Josh Bushong receives industry honor
Aug 02, 2016
- Josh Bushong, Oklahoma State University Cooperative Extension area agronomist for the state’s Northwest District, has been named the 2016 recipient of the Mark C. Boyles Oilseed Industry Meritorious Service Award.
OSU faculty member honored by PrecisionAg Institute
Jul 05, 2016
- The PrecisionAg® Institute has recognized outstanding people, programs and organizations who have devoted their careers to technology designed to improve crop production stewardship, agronomy and efficiency for the past 10 years.
Familiar face, familiar area, expanded focus: Josh Bushong assumes area agronomist role
Jun 24, 2016
- Josh Bushong, a familiar face to producers in northwestern Oklahoma as an Oklahoma State University Cooperative Extension assistant specialist for winter canola, is now helping area farmers and ranchers tackle a broader range of agronomic challenges.
Winter canola schools scheduled for August at Lahoma and Weatherford
Jun 01, 2016
- Southern Plains producers who are interested in learning how to maximize canola crop productivity should plan now to attend one of two early August winter canola schools taking place in Oklahoma.
Professors honored with Awards for Excellence
May 03, 2016
- Four Oklahoma State University professors earned awards for excellence in teaching or advising from the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the college’s Scholarships and Awards Banquet on March 31.
Governor honors four from OSU with ag awards
Apr 06, 2016
- As far as Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources wheat researcher Brett Carver is concerned, there is not a better way to live one's life than to enable others.
Four College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources seniors receive top honors from the Alumni Association
Mar 14, 2016
- Four seniors from the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources have been named 2016 Outstanding Seniors by the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association.
Royalties from OSU-bred wheat varieties help fund innovation
Feb 26, 2016
- Oklahoma Genetics, Inc. presented royalties from seed sales of wheat varieties developed by Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources to OSU President Burns Hargis and the OSU Agricultural Experiment Station Feb. 26 in Stillwater.
Dr. Brett Carver and the OSU Wheat Improvement Team receives award
Feb 16, 2016
- The Wheat Quality Council awarded Dr. Brett Carver and the OSU Wheat Improvement Team the top millers award in 2016 for the second year in a row. The award was presented to Dr. Carver at the Wheat Council Meetings in Kansas City this week.
OSU wheat researcher honored by Wheat Quality Council for second straight year
Feb 14, 2016
- Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources wheat researcher Brett Carver and the OSU Wheat Improvement Team won the 2016 Millers Award presented by the Wheat Quality Council.
PaSS Students participate in Joint Weed Science Society of America/Southern Weed Science Society meetings
Feb 08, 2016
- Last week at the Joint Weed Science Society of America/Southern Weed Science Society meeting, four OSU students participated in a Masters oral research presentation competition for the society.
CASNR selects 31 students for Undergraduate Research Scholar program
Feb 04, 2016
- A partnership between the Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station and the Oklahoma State University College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Undergraduate Research Scholar program is enabling 31 CASNR students the opportunity to perform undergraduate research for a full year.
Dr. Raun Receives the Soil Science Applied Research Award
Nov 16, 2015
- Dr. Raun Receives the Soil Science Applied Research Award
Congratulations Lacey and the Winners of Three Minute Presentation (3MP) Competition Preliminary Rounds
Oct 30, 2015
- Winners of Three Minute Presentation (3MP) Competition Preliminary Rounds